I must begin with Scot and Kathy Jefferies in January 1980. I was 24 and I was searching for Jesus. Scot and Kathy loved me and helped open my eyes and heart to love God. I remember crying every time I met with Scot because of how much God forgave and forgives me. I enjoyed the practical teachings!!
John and Cheryl Sowash came to WMU in the 80’s sometime. I still remember John teaching us to draw our hand:
1) The smallest finger - “hearing” (Romans 10:17)
2) The Second digit - “reading” (Revelation 1:3)
3) The middle finger - “study” (2 Timothy 2:15)
4) The index finger - “memorize” (Psalm 119:11)
5) But if you want to really grip the Bible…the thumb will give you a sure grip - “meditate” (Psalm 1:2-3)
And he demonstrated this by holding the Bible…
I am currently in Kenya sharing that message today.